Gabriel Gonzalez comes to Gilroy with excellent experience and skills as a strong leader; most notably his city manager experience with the cities of Rohnert Park and Mendota. He has over 20 years experience working in local government. Gabriel has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from National University and a Masters of Public Administration from California State University, Fresno.
Gabriel is excited about this opportunity to serve the Gilroy community and is looking forward to the professional challenges this position will bring.
City Administrator Overview
RolesThe primary roles of the City Administrator are:
- Charged with the formation of the council’s legislative agenda and working with the Mayor and Council Members to identify and address issues of community-wide concern
- Oversee City departments: Police, Fire, Community Development, Community Services, Finance, and Administration
- Oversee the City’s $120 million budget and development of the annual financial statement audit
- Attend meetings of the City Council and participate in the council’s deliberations, but not vote
- Gilroy’s Director of Emergency Services, coordinating the readiness of the city to respond to natural and man-made disasters