Elections & Voter Information

The Gilroy City Clerk's Office is your resource for local election information. Here are resources for election races and information to help you register to vote, find your polling place and lookup election results.


Vote Sure California!

Don't be misinformed. Get official, nonpartisan information about each election by visiting VoteSure.sos.ca.gov 

That's how Californians vote sure.

November 6, 2018 Gilroy General Election

Four (4) City Council seats were open during the General Municipal Election November 6, 2018 (3 full 4-year terms, and 1 partial 2-year remainder of a term). Notice of Election Translated.   

Find Gilroy and Santa Clara County election results here. 

Find State election results here 


City Council Candidates 2018

Marie Blankley
​(4 year term)
Dion Bracco
​(4 year term)
Tom Fischer
​(4 year term)
(408) 842-4544 (408) 422-1734 (408) 847-4716
voteblankley@gmail.com dionbracco@gmail.com tom@tom4gilroy.com
www.MarieBlankley.com www.electbracco.com www.tom4gilroy.com
FPPC Filings FPPC Filings FPPC Filings
Qualified Qualified Qualified
Reid Lerner
(4 year term)
Tim Renggli
(4 year term)
Peter Leroe-Munoz
(4 year term)
(408) 842-9942 (510) 468-9207 (408) 427-4697
reid@reidlerner.com                    tablesawtim2001@yahoo.com FPPC Filings                       
www.reidlerner.com FPPC Filings Qualified             
FPPC Filings Qualified
Daniel Harney
(2 year term)
Carol Marques
(2 year term)
(408) 313-7316 (408) 966-5174
daniel@danielharney.com     ekm@ix.netcom.com
FPPC Filings www.CAROL4COUNCIL.com
www.danielharney.com FPPC Filings
Qualified Qualified


To register to vote in Gilroy, or to update your voter registration address, party affiliation or for a name change, pick up a voter registration card in the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall, at the Gilroy Library or at the Gilroy Post Office.

Register to vote online through the California Secretary of State's Office online registration portal.
Update your voter registration in Santa Clara Co.

Complete a Voter Action Request Form if you are already registered to vote in Santa Clara County and you want to...

  • Change your address (if you moved within Santa Clara County) or mailing address
  • Change your language preference (English, Chinese, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Hindi, Japanese, Khmer, and Korean)
  • Change your Permanent Vote by Mail status
  • Correct misspellings or other errors in your registration information
  • Cancel your voter registration
  • Cancel the voter registration of a deceased member of your family or household

Vote by Mail
Registered voters can request to become Vote by Mail Voters online at Request a Vote by Mail Ballot or by calling (408) 299-VOTE (8683) or toll free at 1-866-430-VOTE (8683)