City of Gilroy Home
City of Gilroy

Block Grant Funds

Gilroy receives an annual entitlement grant from the Department of Housing and Urban Development(HUD). These funds are to be used locally to benefit primarily low and moderate income individuals or neighborhoods, including the Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Area in Census Tract 5126.01 (Monterey Street and surrounding area).

The City submits an annual action plan for use of these funds to HUD every May 15. The draft plans are available for public comment. For more information contact Marilyn Roaf, Housing and Community Development Coordinator at (408)846-0241.

A portion of the funds are available to non-profit agencies providing public services. A citizens' advisory committee makes recommendations to City Council on the public services funding requests. Call for funding applications or to volunteer for the Citizens' Advisory Committee. (408) 846-0290.