Serving Those Who Serve Others
The Human Resources Department works as a strategic partner with all City of Gilroy departments. We provide human resources services and programs to more than 278 full-time employees and many part-time employees of the City.
City employees work in a wide range of fields and departments including Administration, Engineering, Finance, Information Technology, Public Works Operations, Police, Fire, Recreation, and Community Development.
Human Resources Programs
- Compensation and Classification Administration
- Employee Benefits Administration
- Employee Relations
- Employee Health & Wellness
- Employee Training and Development
- Labor Relations and Negotiations
- Personnel Commission - Staff Support
- Personnel Investigations & Employee Discipline
- Recruitment and Selection
Risk Management Programs
- Claims Management
- Employee Accident Review
- Employee Safety Programs
- General Liability and Other Insurance Programs
- Workers Compensation
Join Our Team!
We would love to have you join our team! You can learn more about our Hiring Process and review our Job Listings web page for current openings. At this time, the City of Gilroy only accepts applications and resumes for posted job listings.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Gilroy supports workforce diversity, equity and inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified candidates to apply for our job openings.