The City of Gilroy's 911 Communications Center is located at the Gilroy Police Department. The Communication Center is staffed by well trained professionals whose mission is to provide for our community, both emergency and non-emergency police, fire, medical and city services, in a professional and expedient manner.

Use 911 when an immediate police, fire, or medical response is necessary to protect lives or property. 


Use the Police Department's non-emergency telephone number when requesting non-emergency police services. Using the non-emergency number to request police services helps ensure the city's 911 system remains free for emergency purposes only.

Use the non-emergency telephone number when:
  • You want to report a loud party, a barking dog, or any other noise problem
  • You want to report an abandoned auto in front of your home or to report a car blocking your driveway.
  • You want to report a crime after it has occurred. For example, when you return home and find your home has been burglarized and the suspect is gone.
Calling 911 in such instances ties up emergency telephone lines and emergency dispatchers making it difficult for people with life threatening emergencies to get help.