About the CommissionThe Planning Commission is a 7-member body which acts as an advisory body to the City Council in the review of planning applications for land use entitlements including subdivisions, planned unit developments, zone changes, conditional use permits and variances from the City's development standards, comprehensive planning studies and the zoning code. Planning Commissioners serve a 4-year term.
In addition, the Commission handles the following:
- All housing-related matters pertaining CDBG and HTF funding*
- Assists on identifying issues relating to the identification, protection, retention, and preservation of historic sites and neighborhoods of the City*
- Makes recommendations to City Council on street names for new City General Planned Collectors, Arterials, and Expressways as well as proposed changes to existing street names*
- Makes recommendations to City Council on matters related to bicyclists and pedestrians, included studying problems, activities, and concerns of bicyclists and pedestrians**
*: On January 10, 2022, the City Council of the City of Gilroy adopted Resolution No. 2022-02 to consolidate the following advisory bodies: Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization Committee, Historic Heritage Committee, and the Street Naming Committee, and placing their associated board functions under the authority of the Planning Commission.
**: On January 24, 2022, the City Council of the City of Gilroy adopted Ordinance No. 2022-01 to consolidate the Bicycle Pedestrian Commission and placing their associated board functions under the authority of the Planning Commission and Parks and Recreation Commission for infrastructure planning and development review.
- 6:00 p.m.
- The 1st Thursday of every month
- City Council Chambers
7351 Rosanna St.
Gilroy, CA 95020
Manny BhandalChairPhone: 408-846-0451
Annedore KushnerVice ChairPhone: 408-846-0451
Joan LewisPlanning CommissionerPhone: 408-846-0451
Adilene Jezabel MorenoPlanning CommissionerPhone: 408-846-0451
Stefanie EllePlanning CommissionerPhone: 408-846-0451
Adriana LeongardtPlanning CommissionerPhone: 408-846-0451