Park & Facility Rentals

Mulberry West Picnic Area

Many City of Gilroy parks and facilities may be reserved for a variety of functions throughout the year. Rental fees vary by park and facility and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Citizens and community groups are encouraged to use City parks and facilities for recreational, educational, cultural and other worthwhile purposes when such uses do not conflict with regularly scheduled City programs.

View City Parks and Facilities for a complete list of parks and Recreation facilities in Gilroy and amenities available at each location. 

To rent a picnic area, or to obtain a bounce house permit, click here to make an online reservation.

You may also email the Recreation Division or call us at 408-846-0460.

Park Hours

The City of Gilroy is proud of its beautiful parks and open space preserve. Parks are open seven days a week, 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. November through February and 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. March through October.  With the exception of San Ysidro and Las Animas parks which stay open until 11:00 p.m. all year round for night lighted sports court play, basketball, tennis and handball.

Vehicle access gates at Gilroy Sports Park and Christmas Hill Park are opened at 7:30 a.m. daily by Park staff. Though vehicle gates may be closed, parks are open at 6:00 a.m. to public use by pedestrians and bicyclists. 

Reservation Policies and Fees

City parks, fields, picnic areas and facilities may be reserved by residents, City of Gilroy programs, agencies with reciprocal agreements (Gilroy Unified School District), local non-profit organizations, businesses and non-residents.  Click on the reservation policies below for more information. 

Gilroy Park Reg Sign 1-15-2014 Carsonite Final 11372GR-CHP

Special Use Permits

Special Use Permits include, but are not limited to the following: bounce tents, pony rides, petting zoos, information booths (may be allowed at all City parks) and similar activities. A Special Use Permit fee of $35 shall be charged for the use at non-reservable picnic sites to only include Miller Park, El Roble Park, and San Ysidro Park. A Special Use Permit fee will not be charged in conjunction with a paid reservation at Mulberry East and West, Sycamore, Walnut, Oaks and Lakeside picnic sites. Special Use Permits must be finalized a minimum of 1 working day prior to the event. A Special Use Permit vendor or private individuals must provide the required certificate of liability insurance. For user convenience, a list of prequalified vendors is available in the Recreation Division.

Christmas Hill Park Map (7050 Miller Avenue, Gilroy)

Map of Christmas Hill Park reservable sites

Las Animas Veterans Park Map (400 Mantelli Drive, Gilroy)

Map of Las Animas Veterans Park


For specific rental questions, email the Recreation Division or call us at 408-846-0460.