- City Hall
- Public Works Department
- Downtown Parking Management Plan
Downtown Parking Management Plan
Successful management of parking in downtown Gilroy contributes to a prosperous and vibrant downtown. The goal of the Downtown Parking Management Plan (DPMP) is to establish successful management of parking in downtown Gilroy in an effort to provide easier access to and foster continued economic development in the historic downtown area. As part of this process, a variety of efforts will be undertaken, including evaluating existing parking conditions, analyzing current and future parking demand, and developing parking management strategies and recommendations.
Overall objectives for this project include:
- Evaluating current parking conditions in the downtown area, including supply and demand for public and private parking.
- Assessing the current operational practices for the City’s parking programs and identifying potential improvements.
- Estimating the future parking demand in the downtown area based on known and projected future development.
- Developing strategies for meeting current and expected future parking demand.
- Identifying funding/revenue opportunities.
A variety of opportunities are available for the community and businesses to give feedback. The project team will be meeting with community groups as well as merchants, property owners, residents, and the community as a whole.
The process will incorporate multiple methods to effectively reach out to the community:
- Focus Group Meetings
- Interactive Questionnaire
- Community Workshops
- Social Media Posts
- Public Hearings
Community Workshop Recording
On Thursday, February 16, 2023, the City of Gilroy held a community workshop about the Downtown Parking Management Plan.
The purpose of the workshop was to: (1) find out what the Downtown Gilroy Parking Management Plan is all about, (2) share ideas about challenges and opportunities for enhancing parking in the downtown area, (3) learn about current parking usage and management in the downtown area, and (4) become familiar with common strategies to manage parking in downtowns.
Community Workshop Presentation Slides
Unable to Attend a Workshop?
Provide feedback in a brief online questionnaire!
- Go to Slido.com and type in participant code 2789930 or scan the QR code.
- The questionnaire closes April 16, 2023.
The project team has launched its first phase of community engagement, which includes a community-wide workshop as well as focus group meetings for downtown businesses and residents.
If you have any questions about the project, please call the Gilroy Downtown Parking Management Hotline at 408-320-9789 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Works Department
Monday - Thursday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
General Public Works Inquiries