Gilroy Online Permit Software (GO Permit)
Gilroy Online Permit (GO Permit) is the City's new enhanced and integrated online permit and inspection service system for residential and commercial projects. GO Permit will provide customers with 24-hour online access to submit applications, seek permit approvals, schedule inspections, track the status of a project, and more.
Planning Entitlements: Please see our Applications and Checklists page for more information.
Building Permits: Please see the Building Division page for more information.
The City of Gilroy's Planning Division is committed to developing and implementing programs to support the city's General Plan. We promote sustainable development and encourage quality design and livability of residential neighborhoods, commercial areas, and industrial zones within the city's urban sphere.
We are currently open to the public during normal business hours. Our team provides a variety of planning related services and encourage public participation in the land use process.
For general planning related questions, please email the Planning Division for fastest service. Alternatively, you can call 408-846-0440 and leave a message or come into City Hall during our normal business hours; Monday through Thursday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
The following links may also be helpful:
Email Building Permit applications to PlanSubmittal@cityofgilroy.org
Email Business License applications to: UB@ci.gilroy.ca.us
For Engineering questions, email: EngineeringCounter@cityofgilroy.org
The Planning team is responsible for implementation of Gilroy’s General Plan, Zoning Ordinance, adopted specific plans and other associated ordinances. Our responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to public inquiries related to land-use and property development regulations
- Providing solution-oriented customer service to support economic development opportunities whenever possible
- Reviewing land-use entitlement applications (e.g. tentative map, conditional use permit, annexation, general plan amendment, architectural & site review permits) for conformance with adopted policies and regulations
- Administering the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for environmental review related to planning and development proposals
- Updating and maintaining the General Plan and Zoning Ordinance
- Providing staff support for Historic Heritage Committee and Planning Commission
- Resolving land-use related violations through Code Enforcement