Planning Applications, Permits & Fees
Thank you for taking the time to review our submittal requirements for planning review of your project. We are here to help! For questions, please call 408-846-0440 or email the Planning Division.
** Please scroll down the page to access links to our submittal checklists.
New Applications: Applications should be submitted through the Gilroy Online Permit (GO Permit) system via www.cityofgilroy.org/GOpermit. Page 2 of the Customer User Guide will help you set up an account. Pages 52-54 of the Customer User Guide illustrate how to submit and track the status of your application.
The Planning Technician will review the materials and let you know if anything is missing, either by email or through GO Permit. Once all required materials are submitted, you will receive an invoice. Once the fees have been paid, a planner will be assigned to your project and your plans will be routed for a 30-day review by Planning, Building, Engineering, Fire, and other departments or outside agencies as appropriate.
After the standard 30-day review period, you will receive a letter from the planner outlining any actions needed to complete your application for final review and a decision. Typically, revisions are necessary, but we will do our best to help you through that process. If you have questions about the decision making process, please call 408-846-0440 or email the Planning Division.
Resubmittals: Resubmittals should be uploaded to GO Permit. It is also recommended that you email the planner assigned to your project to let them know you have resubmitted.
Inspections: Please contact the planner assigned to your project to schedule a planning inspection.
For questions, please call 408-846-0440 and leave a message, or email the Planning Division.
Application Form and Fee Schedule
- Application (with Indemnification Agreement)
- Application Submittal Details
- SB1214 Affidavit
- Planning Fees (07-01-2023)
Application Submittal Checklists
Pre-application Submittal Checklists
Supplemental Submittal Forms and Information
- Objective Design Standards Checklist
- Preliminary Environmental Questionnaire
- Santa Clara Valley Habitat Plan Coverage Screening Form
- SB 9 Checklist and Affidavit
- SB 35 Supplemental Application Form
- Public Notice Forms
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Requirements
- Is an Architectural and Site Review Permit required?
- Is a Minor Modification Required?
- Zoning District Land Use Tables
- Planning Policy Documents
- Santa Clara Valley Habitat Plan website